At the DiTocco Law Group, PLLC, our staff is committed to providing informative and personalized bankruptcy guidance to clients throughout the Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach areas. Our personal bankruptcy lawyers and staff of knowledgeable professionals offer detailed bankruptcy assistance tailored directly to your unique needs.
Dedicated to providing high-quality legal services to Broward County and Palm Beach County, our bankruptcy lawyers offer advice on a wide range of issues relating to bankruptcy:
- The bankruptcy process: We provide detailed advice on the many steps in the Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing process, the benefits a filing has to offer and what you may be able to expect from your proceedings.
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: Also known as liquidation bankruptcy, the Chapter 7 process allows for the discharge of unsecured debts and can allow you to regain control of your financial future.
- The Chapter 7 means test: A series of questions that determines eligibility for a Chapter 7 filing, the means test can be confusing to complete alone. We offer detailed advice on each question and can explain how it applies to your unique situation.
- Chapter 13 vs. Chapter 7: While Chapter 7 may be a viable option in many situations, some clients may not qualify. We can help you understand the differences between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 to help you explore all of your debt relief options.
- Bankruptcy for businesses: Depending on the type of business you own, you may be eligible for Chapter 7 business liquidation bankruptcy. We can help you understand your options.
- Creditor harassment: If you or people you are close to are constantly being bombarded with calls from creditors about outstanding debts, we can help understand how having an attorney on your side and filing for bankruptcy can alleviate some of this stress.
- Automatic stay: Upon a Chapter 7 filing, the bankruptcy court issues an automatic stay. This automatic stay puts an end to foreclosure, garnishment and repossessions as well as harassment by creditors and bill collectors.
- Car loans and repossession: Are you behind on your car payments? Bankruptcy filing can place an automatic stay on creditors’ attempts to repossess your car.
- Exempt assets: There are many assets that you can keep even if you decide to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. We will counsel you concerning which assets will not be affected by filing for bankruptcy and how we can help you save many of your possessions. We will also provide in-depth explanation about the difference between exempt and nonexempt assets.
- Mortgages and bankruptcy: If you are trying to save your home, filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy can help you achieve this outcome. Our bankruptcy attorneys will work to explore options that will allow you to stay in your house and reduce the debt you owe on real estate property.
- Dischargeable debts: The Chapter 7 process allows for the elimination of certain dischargeable debts, including credit card debt, medical bills and personal loans. We offer advice on which debts are eligible for discharge under the Chapter 7 process.
- Medical bills: Medical care is expensive, particularly if you have become very ill or sustained a serious injury. Medical bills are one of the most common types of debt that people have when they are considering their bankruptcy options. Medical bills can be discharged in Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Chapter 7 protection: Countless South Florida residents have taken advantage of Chapter 7 protection. We will work to eliminate the fear and worry associated with a filing and offer peace of mind during your proceedings.
- Bankruptcy do’s and don’ts: Our staff provides helpful advice on the many steps to take or avoid before and during your bankruptcy filing.
- Life after bankruptcy: We offer helpful advice on what you can expect after a successful bankruptcy filing, including advice on steps to improve your credit.
Whatever your specific needs may be, our firm works to provide the accessible and helpful guidance needed to answer your questions and address your concerns.
Contact Our Miami-Area Bankruptcy Law Firm
Contact our office online or call 954-566-9000 to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your specific Chapter 7 bankruptcy concerns with one of our knowledgeable associates. We have satellite offices located throughout Miami-Dade (Coral Gables and Aventura), Broward (Fort Lauderdale, Plantation, Miramar) and Palm Beach (Boca Raton, West Palm Beach) counties, so you can take comfort in knowing that there is a DiTocco Law Group, PLLC, office near you. Translation services are available for our Spanish-speaking clients.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.