Life After Bankruptcy
The fresh start you receive after a bankruptcy filing can be just the push you need to put your finances back on track. Not long after a filing, your finances will take a major turn in a positive direction, and you will see the benefits of the process in your everyday life.
At the DiTocco Law Group, PLLC, we offer helpful advice on life after bankruptcy in Broward County and Palm Beach County, Florida. With a detailed knowledge of the Chapter 7 bankruptcy process and the benefits it has to offer, we can help you understand the impact your filing will have on your life, your finances and your future.
Proficiently Answering Your Questions Related To Life After Bankruptcy
If you are considering a bankruptcy filing, you are likely hoping to eliminate a poor financial situation. You also probably have a lot of questions about the impact the bankruptcy process will have on your future.
Our Fort Lauderdale bankruptcy attorneys take great care to offer insightful and in-depth answers to your questions relating to life after bankruptcy, including:
- How long does it take for my debts to be eliminated? Each case is different, but if we have all the necessary documents and everything progresses smoothly, your bankruptcy petition can be wrapped up in as little as four months.
- How will a bankruptcy impact my credit? Although filing for bankruptcy will show on your credit report for 10 years, because of the frequency people are now using this legal and legitimate option, the negative effect or impact that used to follow bankruptcy has considerably diminished. In fact, some people report receiving credit card offers in the mail as soon as four months after their bankruptcy case is complete.
- How long will it take to restore my credit to good standing? If you discharge a lot of old debts, this will clear up your report, which in a lot of cases results in our clients reporting higher credit scores after their discharge than before their filing. The other key component is staying current on all other bills you now have and using credit wisely. Our office regularly refers clients to legitimate credit repair services, and these services can help minimize the effects of bankruptcy filing on your credit report.
- Will I ever be able to purchase a home or a car? In many situations, we have had reports from clients stating that they qualify for auto loans or mortgages in just three to five years after filing for bankruptcy.
- What happens if I fall behind on my debts again? We will help counsel you about how to avoid this and how to be proactive if your circumstances change that may lead to you falling behind on obligations.
Because every financial situation is different, we offer answers that are tailored directly to your unique issues and concerns. This approach is designed to help you understand what you may be able to expect after your final bankruptcy discharge. We also hope these answers help you begin the process of planning your financial future.
Contact Our Office For Personalized Answers
Our founding attorney, Tony DiTocco, created our firm to provide high-quality bankruptcy guidance to individuals and families in Miami and other areas of South Florida. With this goal in mind, we strive to ensure that you receive the answers you need to understand what you may be able to expect from life after bankruptcy.
Contact us online or call 954-566-9000 to schedule a free consultation to find answers to your questions relating to life after bankruptcy. We have satellite offices located throughout Miami-Dade (Coral Gables and Aventura), Broward (Fort Lauderdale, Plantation, Miramar) and Palm Beach (Boca Raton, West Palm Beach) counties, so you can take comfort in knowing that there is a DiTocco Law Group, PLLC, office near you. Translation services are available for our Spanish-speaking clients. Se habla español.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.